Mental Ready-mix. The intro-addition.
Since we are all crazy-active with stacked schedules, we decided to save you time! #grateful ;) Rather than getting caught-up in the science-based jargon of reading a full article just to prove to yourself that thinking positive is legit, (pssst... we know it is!) Aspire mixed some fast-acting mental recipes. THINK: cognitive recipes to help stir-up your mental sweet spot. Sound delish? Therefore, behold the first addition of Mental Ready-mixes...powerful statements, mindful of what is needed most, under pressure and on the go ~ #stiritup
- Compartmentalize your challenges; take one step at a time.
- Have confidence in calmness; another words, reassure yourself that if you remain calm, you will be in control to make a smart decision to handle the next step.
- Know that each step in this process is a learning experience.
- Focus on TRUST.
- TRUST is one of the most important elements of high level, athletic thinking.
- TRUST yourself, your goals, and the way you are working towards these goals.
- Keep asking yourself the question: What can I do to make my next turn be on target with my goal?
- When you are overwhelmed ~ use your breath, relax your joints, and slow your thoughts until you are thinking of one important thing at a time.
- The athlete that continues to move through the waves of trial, at a steady pace, remaining persistent and consistent, is the one who finds success.
- You can go through these trials with stress, or with an attitude of curiosity and interest, wanting to seek the best response to each test.
- Choose an attitude that will make you stronger.
- Choose an attitude that is the most positive.
- Choose to share this attitude with those around you.
- Remember, be kind to yourself, and others. What goes around comes around.
- You have talent both physically and emotionally; TRUST in this.