Weeknight ginger chicken, broccoli, and tri-colored peppers
· 2 ½ pounds dark meat chicken
· 2 tablespoons organic olive oil plus more for coating skillet
· 1 tsp black pepper
· 1 tsp sesame seeds organic
· 1 tsp pink salt
· 1 cup organic maple syrup
· 1/2 cup tamari
· 1/4 cup water
· 1 1/2 ounces fresh ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
· 12-15oz frozen broccoli
· ½ fresh lemon
· 3 tri-colored peppers cut into bite sized pieces
· Preheat oven to 425°F
· Line a large rimmed sheet pan with foil or parchment
· Place chicken in a mixing bowl and rub down with the olive oil to coat thoroughly, then season with salt, sesame seeds, and pepper. Place on sheet, evenly spaced. Roast for about 15 minutes or until just cooked through.
· While chicken cooks -- Prep the glaze: Stir the maple syrup, tamari sauce, water and ginger together in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat adjust heat and simmer for about 8 minutes until thickened. Set aside to cool slightly, then prep another skillet for broccoli by placing over low heat.
· Remove chicken from oven and carefully drain leftover broth into skillet and set sheet aside. Add broccoli to skillet and squeeze on top juice from ½ lemon. Turn heat to medium and allow to cook on same side until liquid reduces, broccoli slightly sears, then sauté until cooked through.
· While broccoli cooks, brush chicken (coating generously) with glaze and place under broiler for a minutes or two or until the glaze is bubbly.
· Remove broccoli from skillet and place on serving dish alongside chicken (cover to keep warm). Replace skillet on the stove.
· Place chopped peppers into hot skillet, add a few table spoons of water and olive oil to deglaze and develop flavor – cook peppers through until desired tenderness, and scoop onto serving dish.
Serve and enjoy!