Aspire’s favorite Banana-berry pancakes
Need something to look forward to on a Saturday morning that also serves as convenient healthy food to pop in the toaster all week long?
TRY THESE PANCAKES! They are awesome after a long run, or to fuel-up before a day at the field. They digest easily, remain within the LOWFOD frame, as long as the ingredient choices are modified correctly.
PREP TIP: We triple up on the recipe, freeze leftovers, and then toast for a quick grab’n go snack.
1 sliced ripe banana (potassium)
1 cup unsweetened protein milk (calcium/protein/omegas)
2 eggs (protein/leucine)
1 teaspoon organic vanilla (flavor)
2 cups flour of choice or choice or GF pancake mix (omit salts/leavening)
1½ teaspoon baking powder (fresh)
¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
1 cup berries, plus more for topping (antioxidants)
2 teaspoons oil, and a bit more for the pan
Maple syrup, topping & serving
· Berries + a drizzle of maple syrup + dash of ginger & cinnamon
1. Blend in your blender: banana, milk, eggs and vanilla.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Pour the banana/milk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in the berries.
3. Heat a few teaspoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Scoop the pancake batter into the pan. Flip when bubbles form in the batter. Let the second side cook for about 60 seconds and remove from heat.
4. For the berry topping, place berries in a small bowl with a little bit of maple syrup. Microwave for 20-30 seconds or until they soften.
5. Pour over pancakes before serving with a dash of cinnamon & ginger.
*Please contact us for information on FODMAP if you are in need of calming your athletic tummy :)